Humax YouView DTR-T1010 PVR launched in silver
Posted on 14 Feb 2013 at 16:04, by Tom Morgan
The DTR-T1010 has a new silver finish which is decedly more premium in appearance than the plastic sheen found on the DTR-T1000, but otherwise retains the same internal components as its predecessor. This includes the same dual Freeview HD tuners, HDMI, composite and SCART video outputs, and Ethernet input for internet access.
We were suitably impressed with YouView when it first launched; we called it "Simply the best EPG of any Freeview HD PVR", and that the Humax was "a responsive box and neatly integrated on-demand TV". With the ability to watch anything from the last seven days, across all five major UK television channels, as well as record multiple channels in high definition without having to pay a monthly subscription, there's very little not to like about the service. This new model should live up to the same high standards, but now look the part from the outside as well.
According to Humax, The DTR-T1010 will be available with a 500GB hard disk for £300, or with a 1TB disk for £330, launching today in John Lewis and appearing at other stores in the coming weeks. Interestingly, you can pick up the 1TB model from Richer Sounds right now for £280, some £50 less than the RRP.
We contacted BT to see if they plan on switching over to the DTR-T1010, or will continue to use the older DTR-1000, but at the time of writing we had yet to receive confirmation either way.
Find a review
- Sony announces Bravia X9 4K TV prices for the UK
- Loewe Reference ID TVs launched, custom designs coming soon
- Logitech launches Harmony Ultimate universal remote - hands on
- sub-£1000 Ultra HD TV launched by Seiki
- Sony confirms 4K TV prices, introduces FMP-X1 4K media streamer
- Toshiba’s 2013 A/V line-up for 2013 revealed
- Philips Design Line TV announced
- LG OLED TV available to pre-order for £9,999, ships in July
- Philips TVs priced and dated for 2013
- Philips 4K TV reveal expected by late August