Humax YouView DTR-T1010 PVR launched in silver
Posted on 14 Feb 2013 at 16:04, by Tom Morgan
The DTR-T1010 has a new silver finish which is decedly more premium in appearance than the plastic sheen found on the DTR-T1000, but otherwise retains the same internal components as its predecessor. This includes the same dual Freeview HD tuners, HDMI, composite and SCART video outputs, and Ethernet input for internet access.
We were suitably impressed with YouView when it first launched; we called it "Simply the best EPG of any Freeview HD PVR", and that the Humax was "a responsive box and neatly integrated on-demand TV". With the ability to watch anything from the last seven days, across all five major UK television channels, as well as record multiple channels in high definition without having to pay a monthly subscription, there's very little not to like about the service. This new model should live up to the same high standards, but now look the part from the outside as well.
According to Humax, The DTR-T1010 will be available with a 500GB hard disk for £300, or with a 1TB disk for £330, launching today in John Lewis and appearing at other stores in the coming weeks. Interestingly, you can pick up the 1TB model from Richer Sounds right now for £280, some £50 less than the RRP.
We contacted BT to see if they plan on switching over to the DTR-T1010, or will continue to use the older DTR-1000, but at the time of writing we had yet to receive confirmation either way.
Find a review
- Roku Streaming Stick launched to rival Google's Chromecast
- Google Chromecast UK release date revealed: get one from Currys on March 1st
- BT Box Office adds buy-to-keep movies to YouView
- Sky reveals new look Sky+HD EPG, coming this spring
- Sony Smart TV - what's new for 2014
- Panasonic 4K LED LCD first look - plasma quality from LCD
- 4K Blu-ray by the end of the year as BDA approves draft extension to the format
- LG WebOS for 2014 smart TVs - Hands on review
- Bang & Olufsen BeoSound Essence controls your music with style
- CES 2014: In-depth, hands-on coverage from our team in Las Vegas