Samsung 4K TV to launch in Europe - price and date
Posted on 4 Feb 2013 at 16:22, by Seth Barton
Samsung today announced that its S9 UHD/4K TV will be coming to Europe in just a couple of months.
The monstrous 85in TV, that we first saw at CES, will be on sale in April for a whopping EUR 40,000, that’s £34,458 at current exchange rates. Of course, even if you can afford to spend that much on a TV, you’ll hopefully have a living room big enough to house it.
Set inside an equally huge easel–like frame, at least you won’t need to also hunt down a wall mount big enough to cope with it. The frame also has 120W of built-in speakers, so you shouldn’t also need to find space for audio kit.
It’s good that the 4K is going on sale over here, though it’s hardly the first set with the 84in Toshiba ZL2 set having a limited release last year. However, there was no news on when we might see smaller 4K models, with 60in and 65in screens being more realistic sizes for UK home owners. In fact, the only other TV discussed was the possibility of an even bigger 110in model towards the end of the year.
Find a review
- Panasonic demos Freetime on new 2014 TV lineup
- Amazon signs up the BBC for Doctor Who, Sherlock and more on Prime Instant Video
- Samsung HU8500 curved Ultra HD TV released in the UK next week
- Google working on Android TV - the successor to Google TV you actually want?
- Tweet while you watch – Twitter buys 'Social TV' firms to further engage viewers
- Philips announces new 6000, 5000 and 4000 series TV ranges
- Panasonic releases Viera TVs, including UHD, Freetime and the ability to stream TV over the internet
- PS4 video capture capabilities boosted in next firmware update
- LG: watching 3D films at home is growing in popularity (again)
- Ditch your set top box? Panasonic brings Freetime to TVs