Samsung 4K TV to launch in Europe - price and date
Posted on 4 Feb 2013 at 16:22, by Seth Barton
Samsung today announced that its S9 UHD/4K TV will be coming to Europe in just a couple of months.
The monstrous 85in TV, that we first saw at CES, will be on sale in April for a whopping EUR 40,000, that’s £34,458 at current exchange rates. Of course, even if you can afford to spend that much on a TV, you’ll hopefully have a living room big enough to house it.
Set inside an equally huge easel–like frame, at least you won’t need to also hunt down a wall mount big enough to cope with it. The frame also has 120W of built-in speakers, so you shouldn’t also need to find space for audio kit.
It’s good that the 4K is going on sale over here, though it’s hardly the first set with the 84in Toshiba ZL2 set having a limited release last year. However, there was no news on when we might see smaller 4K models, with 60in and 65in screens being more realistic sizes for UK home owners. In fact, the only other TV discussed was the possibility of an even bigger 110in model towards the end of the year.
Find a review
- Sony Smart TV - what's new for 2014
- LG WebOS for 2014 smart TVs - Hands on review
- CES 2014: In-depth, hands-on coverage from our team in Las Vegas
- Samsung Smart TV 2014 – All the key new features detailed
- Sony Bravia X95, X85 expand 4K TV line-up, X9 refreshed with new wedge design
- Samsung expands Ultra HD range and promises content support
- CES 2014: TP Vision brings Android to Philips TVs
- CES 2014: Dolby Vision promises a brighter future for TV, Netflix and Xbox Video on board
- CES 2014: Qualcomm Snapdragon 802 to power 4K TVs, Snapdragon 602a for connected cars
- LG and Samsung going big at CES 2014 with 105in 4K TVs