Samsung 4K TV to launch in Europe - price and date
Posted on 4 Feb 2013 at 16:22, by Seth Barton
Samsung today announced that its S9 UHD/4K TV will be coming to Europe in just a couple of months.
The monstrous 85in TV, that we first saw at CES, will be on sale in April for a whopping EUR 40,000, that’s £34,458 at current exchange rates. Of course, even if you can afford to spend that much on a TV, you’ll hopefully have a living room big enough to house it.
Set inside an equally huge easel–like frame, at least you won’t need to also hunt down a wall mount big enough to cope with it. The frame also has 120W of built-in speakers, so you shouldn’t also need to find space for audio kit.
It’s good that the 4K is going on sale over here, though it’s hardly the first set with the 84in Toshiba ZL2 set having a limited release last year. However, there was no news on when we might see smaller 4K models, with 60in and 65in screens being more realistic sizes for UK home owners. In fact, the only other TV discussed was the possibility of an even bigger 110in model towards the end of the year.
Find a review
- Sony announces Bravia X9 4K TV prices for the UK
- Loewe Reference ID TVs launched, custom designs coming soon
- sub-£1000 Ultra HD TV launched by Seiki
- Sony confirms 4K TV prices, introduces FMP-X1 4K media streamer
- Toshiba’s 2013 A/V line-up for 2013 revealed
- Philips Design Line TV announced
- LG OLED TV available to pre-order for £9,999, ships in July
- Philips TVs priced and dated for 2013
- Philips 4K TV reveal expected by late August
- LG buys webOS from HP for Smart TV development